WebScape is a specialized software solution for deploying surveys online. It has two main modules that go beyond typical DIY survey packages.
- Stimulus Presentation. Most online survey software includes an ability to show stimuli to respondents. However, they offer little flexibility and less control about how the stimulus can be presented and how much information is available about viewing conditions. With WebScape, whether the stimulus is kinetic or non-kinetic, audio or video, the researcher has the capability to granularly frame the context in which the stimulus is presented and dynamically customize the clutter conditions under which it will appear.
- Quota Control. Screening out respondents who do not meet qualifying targeting criteria is standard practice for online surveys platforms, as is segmenting and proportioning those who do qualify. But most platforms lack the ability to maintain the balance of independent samples or subgroup targets across an A/B (multi-cell) study involving exposure to test stimuli. WebScape solves this challenge: by enabling researchers to integrate randomly-assigned stimulus presentation with complex target quotas, including hard and soft stops that are automatically triggered during fielding. The stops can be adjusted easily midstream if actual incidence differs from the expected.
WebScape is integrated with the Snap Surveys questionnaire design software, but can be connected to other packages according to your needs.
TOES (The Open-Ends System)
TOES is a proprietary system for classifying and tabulating responses to open-ended questions. Our team of experienced coders employ the user-friendly interface to efficiently read verbatim texts and then select from multi-level categories that best capture the valuable feedback expressed by respondents. Features of the app include:
- Flexible coding frameworks allowing easy revisions and reorganization, including nets and sub-levels
- Library of templates for standard questions and previously-used codes
- Frequencies of codes selected by the user are updated continuously
- Size of font in the coding tree can be customized
- Auto-advance to speed progress
- Option to annotate or edit particular responses
- Review Mode to efficiently double-check how responses were interpreted for selected codes
- Automatic sorting of codes high-to-low prior to export, with an option to anchor selected codes at the bottom of a codebook
- .CSV import/export functions
The open-ended system utilized by PNS is tailored to work with SPSS, but can be modified for other analytic packages as well. It runs on a Windows MS SQL Server platform.
STEM (Significance Testing Excel Macro)
STEM is an Excel macro that allows PNS analysts to quickly and efficiently run statistical tests on summary data from surveys, with the resulting output arranged to easily produce bar graphs and tables in PowerPoint for research reports. The key features of STEM are:
- Performs simultaneous two-sample tests for significant differences between percentages or averages (up to 50 columns, unlimited number of rows)
- Performs simultaneous one-sample tests for significant differences against a column of benchmarks, while at the same time running two-sample tests comparing the other columns of percentages (up to 50 columns, unlimited number of rows)
- Default confidence level is set at .90, but the analyst can specify .80, .85, .95 or .99 instead
- Any alphanumeric character can be specified to signify a significantly higher score, but we typically use letters a-z and A-Z
- Comparisons between columns can be suppressed when not applicable after running the test macro
- Output scores are rounded to whole numbers for percentages and to one decimal for averages
STEM is based on VBA macros implemented in Excel 2013 for Windows.
WebScape, TOES and STEM are available for licensing. Please contact us for more information.